At the core of every businesses online marketing strategy is search engine marketing (SEM). Some businesses choose to pay for their search results using a method called PPC (pay per click) while others choose to generate free, organic results. But what does each option involve and which one provides better results? Organic Search Organic searches rely […]
- February 2, 2016
Searching with regular words will only get you so far – if you need to find something more advance turn to these advanced yet simple methods.
So, here are 7 tips & tricks for better googling and will work on other search engines too.
Top 7 Tips and Tricks for Google
1) QUOTATION MARKS: Use quotation marks (“word”) around your search query to find an exact word or phrase. This is useful for searching quotes, song lyrics, etc.
2) DASHES: Put a dash (-word) before a word that you want to exclude in your search.
3) TILDE: Use a tilde (~word) before a term to include results with its synonyms.
4) SITE: QUERY: Use site: to search within a specific website.
5) LINK: QUERY: Use link: to search for sites that link to the specific site url.
6) INSUBJECT: QUERY: Use insubject: to search for articles that contain the terms you specify in the subject.
7) DEFINE: QUERY: Use define: to search for a terms definition.
For more information: CLICK HERE
What should you do now?
1. Contact us now to discuss how you can maximise your online presence
2. Looking to attend future workshops CLICK HERE
3. Want some help or ideas? Just contact us
Remember – “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain