VIS is looking for a qualified and experienced Social Media Expert to join our Marketing Team. We’re looking for someone who is willing to push the boundaries of their own knowledge, challenge perceived wisdom and deliver outstanding results for our portfolio of websites. Ladies are encouraged to apply.
Key functional areas of responsibility
- Create, implement and monitor comprehensive social media strategies (and their accounts) for our clients.
- Assists with identifying new social media promotional ideas and community-building opportunities for clients.
- Provides support for ongoing projects, including social media strategies, daily social media updates and monthly reporting.
- Help brainstorm ideas for blog content and coordinates with content team to support our clients’ blogs.
- Execute on social media campaigns to drive traffic and increase conversions on clients’ websites.
- Uses tools like Google Analytics, Open Site Explorer and Hootsuite to evaluate social media ROI and monitor social media mentions.
- Keeping up with trends and current events in research, social, and content marketing industries.
- Implement a variety of tactics and techniques based on different situations and circumstances, to include crowd-sourcing, viral marketing, reputation enhancements, and
- PR crisis management. Forecast, measure and analyse performance and results for individual clients.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Requires at least 1-2 years’ experience in social media, marketing, advertising, SEO or similar field, preferably including strategy development and implementation of social media campaigns
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Curiosity and passion for the search marketing industry
- Socially savvy person that has interacted on Twitter, Facebook, Blog and other online communities
- Ability to multitask and handle many different projects at once
- Team player that can contribute to our clients’ marketing strategies in a group environment.
- Self-motivated and able to handle any task presented
- Strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
- Confidence and willingness to take risks and bring new ideas to the table