Social media platforms allow companies to interact directly with their target market through posts, messages, and comments. This increases opportunities for upselling and disseminating information about a business’s offers, products, or services. However, not all social media platforms
- April 6, 2013
Many industries today are devoting more time, resources and money towards email marketing which is an inexpensive way of reaching your customers, directing them to your website and letting them know about your products and services. There are certain do’s and don’ts regarding email marketing which are listed below:
Do’s in Email Marketing:
1) Specialised online email client software is now available. It helps you to manage lists of your potential and on-hand clients. It’s affordable and user friendly. It has the ability to send specific emails to targeted customers.
2) Personalised emails have a greater impact as it helps to soften the tone of your emails. Write your emails in first person.
3) Since you are professional now, your emails should also look professional. For example, use professional email templates. These can be bought easily online or if have a good designer then arrange for him to design something special and unique. The outlook is essential to grab the reader’s attention.
4) It’s imperative that you always use a catchy subject headline otherwise the content no matter how informative it is in the body of an email is overlooked and your campaign becomes worthless.
5) Keep emails short and effective. Customers become bored with long texts and either decide to read it later or delete it. Keep in mind most of us want answers instantly.
6) Your emails should have a ‘call to action’ button so that you can measure the response from your customers.
7) When a customer subscribes to you, make sure there is also an option to unsubscribe. There are various ways of handling subscriptions. Either have an ‘Unsubscribe’ button on your email or ask the customer to email with a request to unsubscribe.
Don’ts in Email Marketing:
1) Be careful not to spam emails causing unnecessary problems for your customers. It is courteous to seek permission prior to emailing them.
2) Keep information to a minimum ensuring that your email is brief, concise and straight to the point focusing on your key objective.
3) Do not email too frequently. Customers may become bored, irritated and could even flag your emails as unimportant.
4) Long lists of customers using the cc email function should not be used. No-one likes having their email addresses displayed globally.
5) Avoid broken links, spelling errors or incorrect recipient names. Finally check your emails carefully before clicking the send button.
You are now able to integrate your email marketing strategies with available softwares such as MailChimp, Foxmail, DreamMail, Mozilla Thunderbird etc. Besides being easy to use, these dedicated software packages also save your time giving a professional impression. Moreover, you can also integrate your mobile and email marketing campaigns allowing you to increase valued tactics leveraged by marketers.
Follow these simple rules to help make your email marketing effective and customer friendly.
So, you want next level of success in your business journey right? If so just feel free to Contact VIS at 08-8338-3846. We are just a call away from you.